All our pans are handcrafted.
Italian design & the 500-years-experience of the best Mexican coppersmiths are behind the excellence and quality of our copper pans. We are an Italian company based in Mexico, deep within the heart of Mexico, in the magic town of Tlalpujahua. A few miles from the Monarch Butterfly Biosphere, and in the pueblo that once had the most important gold mine in the World, here we create authentic works of art in copper.
We thought from the beginning that to create the finest cookware ever we had to follow some basic rules, in line with the original tradition: each one of our products must be handmade with fire and hammer in every single part and only pure and fine material (copper, tin for the body and lid, bronze in the case of the handles) must be used. That's all. That means a lot of passion, a lot of time, a lot of hard-work to reach a quality result and a great product.
Here are, in detail all the specs of our pans:
Body of pan:
- The pans are made from pure copper sheets and have the optimum thickness:
Fry, Saute, Sauce pans, Casseroles and Stock pot 2.0mm copper with a heavy tin lining. Roasting pans 1.6mm copper with a heavy tin lining.
Modern cooking appliances provide a very even and consistent heat. The thickness of our copper cookware allows for a very fast, even and efficient heat distribution.
Handbeating the metal with tiny dots creates a very hard and durable product. All pots and pans have a drip free edge.
- Interior Lining:
- The tin lining is the most vulnerable part of the copper cookware as the lining will wear over time. It is reasonable to assume, that the thicker the lining the longer it will last. We therefore apply a very heavy tin lining, by hand in the traditional way.
- The lining enhances heat conductivity and is non-reactive to food.
- Hand forged bronze handles are attached to the copper pan with 3mm counter sunk copper rivets which are flush with the interior surface.
- Size - volume:
- As our copper cookware is handcrafted size and volume will vary slightly.